Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Keynote version 14 crashes when pressing tab key

I have no idea why, but since this morning, all presentations I have opened have crashed when I press the tab key OR use the Indent tool to indent a text in the text box.

I have uninstalled the app and restarted the computer but that didn't help

Any thoughts?

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2024 12:30 PM

This is a MAJOR problem and is a showstopper bug. It needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Setting custom text in a presentation master is integral to presentation design -- and tabbing for indent level is unavoidable. Having it crash with every tab press is RIDICULOUS.

16 replies

Apr 9, 2024 7:02 AM in response to Y14n

I've been using different text styles for a while, but only now I have this problem.

I called, and they told me that the team had recently been working on the Indent functionality.

I assume, based on this, that the crushes are due to a bug, and the contact center raised the issue to the team.

Apr 21, 2024 8:52 PM in response to gaby_P

This is unfortunately what Apple has increasingly become - it just doesn't work. Preview crashes when exporting between formats sometimes, I need to quit and start if I want to process more than one image, and I need to save TIFFs twice for them to LZW compress. As for Keynote, I have the same problem but found that if I open the same presentation on my iPhone or iPad, I can indent. If the file is open on the Mac (editing at the same time) it will update with the new indenting. So my fix is to get the basic text, images and animations completed on the Mac and then use Keynote for iPad to finish with the indentation. I haven't tried with keynote on-line but that might work too. Disgusting.

Keynote version 14 crashes when pressing tab key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.