Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to update card details on App Store when my old card expires

I can’t update my card details and my older card is expired. Since I don’t have access to my other device that is the family organiser nor its credentials, it’s 10.000 miles away I wanted to buy a apple gift card and I can’t redeem it here since my account is registered in another country and I can’t buy one there because there they don’t have gift cards. Do I have to buy yet another phone and set up a new account?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 1:05 PM

9 replies

Apr 10, 2024 2:49 PM in response to Stjani81

Only Apple Gift Cards purchased in the Dominican Republic can be used in the country. If you buy an Apple Gift Card in Iceland, it can only be used in Iceland. This is true for every country. Not sure how else to explain it. I’m a former Apple Retail Store Manager and encountered this almost weekly.

Xcode has nothing to do with Apple. Xcode is a Microsoft product. This is starting to sound like some kind of scam.

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

Apr 10, 2024 7:35 PM in response to Jeff Donald

This is no scam, thing is they don’t sell apple gift cards in Iceland, so there is no way to buy from App Store without a credit card since mine is expired and I can’t change it because I don’t have access to my main device. Sorry about the Xcode misunderstanding, I just assumed it was called Xcode since they both begin with an X and are 16 letters, my mistake.

Do you have any solution to this?

Apr 23, 2024 4:33 PM in response to Stjani81

You can create a second Apple ID for use in Dominican Republic. Purchase Apple Gift cards in the Dominican Republic and use them only there. The downside of this is you’ll have to logout of your Iceland Apple ID. When you do, you’ll lose access to any apps, subscriptions, music etc purchased in Iceland. When you log back into the Iceland Apple ID, you’ll regain access.

So, Iceland apps, subscriptions, music etc will be available in your Iceland ID and the subscriptions, apps, music purchased in Dominican will be available in the Dominican Apple ID. You can only log into one Apple ID at a time.

When you logout of your Apple ID, all credit cards, tickets, passes will be removed from Apple Wallet. Some items may not add back into the Wallet until you return to Iceland. This includes credit and debit cards and plane tickets etc.

Unable to update card details on App Store when my old card expires

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.