Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Why is safari two times in privacy list?

After going to “privacy and security”. I went to check what apps do have acces to my photos. I discovered that Safari is two times in the list. One with picture, one without. Is this a bug again? Photo to make it clear:

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 3:48 PM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2024 3:53 PM in response to Hector_erikono

Force Restart your iPhone and the issue should go away. It may take a couple of attempts to get the speed and sequence of the key presses correct and the last step of holding the side button until the Apple Logo appears could take up to 20 seconds. Ignore anything else you see on the screen during this time.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 25, 2024 9:26 PM in response to Hector_erikono

I have the exact same issue in the exact same spot. Your shared photo could be from my phone 15 Pro! Im running the latest version of iOS (17.4.1). I cannot find a reply from Apple that’s truly solved this issue.

Im also looking at my settings> privacy & security >photos (because several odd apps are requesting access to my photos & many of them have “private access” to my photos that I never turned on & there’s is no way for me to change this setting on the ones that have it. I’m able to adjust the location/captions or the format for those having private access.I cannot find any solution from Apple on this issue either. So, I suppose I have two issues needing Apple’s attention.

Why is safari two times in privacy list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.