Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can’t remove accessory from HomeKit 

There are three accessories listed in HomeKit that have the “No Response” error. I no longer own these accessories. When I try to remove them, the “Remove Accessory” button does not appear. How do I remove these accessories?

-I have followed the steps listed under, "Delete your home or remove accessories," from this article: Set up and use the Home app.

-I have also gone into the Philip's hue app and they are not listed in there (side note I did have to re add them to my account once when I got a new modem, so the unresponsive ones may be an old duplicate that now I can't remove in the home app)

-As well as the following steps:

- Quit the Home app

- Turned on the Bluetooth and made sure to be connected to the Wi-Fi

- Tried removing the device again. 

iPhone XS, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 2:25 AM

2 replies

Apr 11, 2024 11:27 AM in response to rhfhackner

The advice if you can’t remove from HomeKit is to remove from the manufacturers app. If as you say they aren’t listed in there you can try signing out of your Hue account to see if this refreshes once you sign back in . If this doesn’t work, temporarily disable Apple Home in the Hue App . Go into the Settings tab - Smart Home - Siri & Home - scroll down to settings and choose unlink. Then close the Hue App, relaunch it sign back in an re- enable App Home. Then open the Home App directly from that. There’s also a sync setup option you can try as well after you’ve enabled Apple Home.

If your HomeKit or Matter accessory isn't responding in the Home app - Apple Support

Can’t remove accessory from HomeKit 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.