Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Lost my phone. I had iCloud backup disabled but icloud photos enabled. How to restore on new iPhone?

So I have lost my iPhone 13 mini. Unfortunately, I had iPhone Backup feature turned OFF all the time. On the other hand, I had the iCloud Photos sync, all the notes, all the messages and all the documents sync ON all the time.

That means when I log on the icloud.com via a web browser, I can see the photos, I can read the notes, documents in drive, all contacts etc. But I also can clearly see that there is no iPhone backup (apps, preferences...), which is typically depicted as a blue bar in the chart below (pardon pls my native language):

I am going to buy a new iPhone. How would please proceed? There is no iCloud backup file to reach out to when setting up my new iPhone. I am afraid that all my photos might get deleted from the iCloud when I turn the iCloud Photos sync ON on the new iphone, instead of downloading them from iCloud into my new iPhone...

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 12:06 PM

1 reply

Lost my phone. I had iCloud backup disabled but icloud photos enabled. How to restore on new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.