Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Unable to stream audio to a soundbar using airplay on Safari

Hello,

I have an M2 Max Mac Studio, and a Yamaha ysp-2700 soundbar (which supports airplay). Both are connected to my home network with an ethernet cable.

When viewing YouTube videos on Safari, I click the airplay button, and it recognizes the soundbar, however when I choose it, it continues to output the sound through the mac's speakers. When I choose a different sound system in my house (Denon receiver) which is also connected to the home network via an ethernet cable, it does stream audio to that system.

This led me to believe that maybe there's a problem with the soundbar, however:

1) If I go to system settings and choose the soundbar as my sound output (through airplay), it works well for all of the mac's apps, including Safari.

So the problem only occurs when trying to stream the audio directly from safari to the soundbar.

2) When opening safari on my iPad Pro, I went to Youtube and tried streaming audio to the sound bar through airplay ,and it worked well.

So:

Airplay works well with my soundbar. the problem only occurs when trying to stream audio to the soundbar when I use safari on my Mac Studio.

Can anyone suggest what can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 12, 2024 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 7:45 AM

Try updating your devices, restarting them, resetting your soundbar's network settings, or creating a new user account on your Mac Studio. If the problem persists, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to stream audio to a soundbar using airplay on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.