Persistent requests for password changes

so i have a macbook but recently it keeps saying “A mac has been added to your account and it can use facetime and messages” and everytime it says that on my phone my icloud password changes (resets). I keep having to put a new password because it keeps changing my password and i don’t know why. i never know what the passwords and who is changing it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 10:59 AM

1 reply

Apr 15, 2024 7:39 PM in response to sjimenez_

sjimenez_ Said:

"Persistent requests for password changes: so i have a macbook but recently it keeps saying “A mac has been added to your account and it can use facetime and messages” and everytime it says that on my phone my icloud password changes (resets). I keep having to put a new password because it keeps changing my password and i don’t know why. i never know what the passwords and who is changing it"

-------

Troubleshooting a Hacked Account:

I. Getting In to your Apple Account:

You need to get into your Apple Account. So, contact Apple Support. If you have a hacked iCloud account, then ask the Apple Rep if they can help you add Two-Factor Authentication. Ask them to assist you with changing your password to what it should be. Important: Perform a trial-&-error login session, prior to ending the call.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

II. Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and modify. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Persistent requests for password changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.