Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

BOSS FS-5U, MainStage, and Arturia Midi Controller (KeyLab 88 MkII) - next patch solution

I just got my BOSS FS-5U for programming a musical on MainStage and using the foot switch to advance my patches. I found a few threads where many people had the issue but only found the solution once I figured out some things here from all the advice and kept talking to ChatGPT until it gave the solution.

The MIDI Control Center software is the key to resolving this issue, serving as a crucial and reliable tool for configuring your MIDI devices in Arturia.

Configuration Steps

1. Open Arturia MIDI Control Center: Launch the Arturia MIDI Control Center on your computer.
  2. Select Your Device: Please ensure your Arturia MIDI controller is connected and select it within the MIDI Control Center.
  3. Access the Footswitch Settings: Navigate to the section where you can customize the footswitch settings. This may be under a "Control" or "Mapping" tab.
  4. Mode Setting: Set the Mode to "Control Change (CC)" based on what MainStage responds to better for patch changes. Most users find "Program Change" suitable for this task.
  5. CC Number Setting (If Using CC Mode): If using "Control Change (CC)" mode, set the CC Number to a value that doesn't conflict with other controls. Commonly used CC numbers for patch changes are in the range of 0-31. However, CC#0 (Bank Select) and CC#32 (Bank Select LSB) are often used for selecting instrument banks, not individual patches, so they might only be the best choice if required explicitly by your MainStage setup.
  6. Make sure you save the template of your settings in the Arturia Midi Controller and "Store" them for whichever User you use. I use User 1.

Another important step is assigning the FootSwitch in MainStage and ensuring it's set to 'Single Value' in the Assign Section. This is how I got the Next Patch to work in my Edit/Perform menu.

After following all these steps, the skipping issue with my BOSS FS-5U foot switch was completely resolved.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 12:58 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

BOSS FS-5U, MainStage, and Arturia Midi Controller (KeyLab 88 MkII) - next patch solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.