Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I stop my child from exceeding app time limits?

My child seems to be able to bypass the app limits I have set. I currently have it set that there is a 2 hour limit on All Apps & Categories. But they somehow are able to be on much longer. Basically, it seems they have no limit at all. How is this possible and how can I stop it from happening? Thank you in advance for any advice.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 2:44 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 16, 2024 12:48 AM in response to StressedMama

Hello,

I would check that you have enabled a password in screen time to ensure that these app limits are enforced, as well as reviewing the restrictions that you have put in place on the device.

Alternativly here are some steps that may prevent this:

1. Setting up Screentime using family sharing, this will allow you to manage your childs device from your own phone, including screen time, app store purchases, and much more. You can find out how to set this up using this apple support article: Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone - Apple Support.
  2. Updating the device, this will patch any bugs or glitches that may be occuring on the device with screentime. You can update the device using this apple article for help if required: Update your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (AU).
  3. Use the article below which will help you setup or manage screen time on your childs device: or Use Screen Time on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If you require any further assistance, someone in the community will be happy to help. Or you can reach out to someone at Apple Support.

Thanks for reaching out.

Take care,

Apple Community

Apr 24, 2024 9:20 PM in response to StressedMama

I have the same issue, and I know how the kid does it. I have been requesting support for this problem for a long time but there seems to be no solution from Apple.

The method used is the following:

1.Click on change screentime code.

2.Click on I forgot the password.

3.When asked Apple ID he writes it and then click on “forgot password”

4.Then you are asked the 6 digit code of the phone (!!!) and there you go, it allows him to change the Apple ID password, with which he is allowed to change the 4 digit screen time code and disable it.

Now the kid can do whatever he wants.

If he has the 6 digit code for unblocking the phone, then the screen time can be overriden in a matter of seconds.

At least this is the problem I have, I hope this can help.

Cheers

How can I stop my child from exceeding app time limits?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.