Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

can you download GarageBand if the version doesn’t reach 17.0?

So recently i found out that GarageBand was supposed to be in use of smth so i need to download and just when I read the upper, it says 17.0 Required

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 10:42 PM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2024 10:46 PM in response to Akinyzb

you will need the assistance of any device that can run iOS 17. Sign in with your Apple ID to any newer device which supports iOS 17. This can be a spare device you own, or perhaps you can borrower a family or friend's device to do this. After you are signed in with your Apple ID into the newer device which supports iOS 17, go to the app store and download Garage Band on the newer device. This is the first step - now your Apple ID has a history of downloading Garage Band. If you borrowed this newer device, now you can sign out of your Apple ID on the newer device and return it to your family or friend who was kind enough to let you borrower it for a couple minutes. The next step is to pick up your older device again, the device which is running iOS 16 or earlier. You might have to wait up to an hour for your app store download history to sync up. I had to wait awhile, but eventually when I searched for Garage Band in the app store on the older device, instead of seeing the blue "Get" button, this button was replaced with the blue cloud download icon. I was then able to download an older version of Garage Band on the older device.

can you download GarageBand if the version doesn’t reach 17.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.