Series 9 Watch Battery

Is anybody else suffering badly with battery drain on their Apple Watch after the most recent software update?

I got my Series 9 less than a month ago, really happy with it in general and I was very happy about its battery life. On a typical day I’d just receive a steady amount of notifications, the occasional activity tracking and that’s about it. I wear it over night and make sure it’s 100% charged before bed, then I wake up 8-9 hours later and it’s dropped to between 85-90% remaining, spending the night on sleep mode with no features being used apart from sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring.

Then the most recent update came out. Since updating, the battery has been shocking even though I’ve not used any different features. Last night for example, fully charged before bed and put in sleep mode at 11pm on 100% battery. I wake up at 5am and it’s on 52%?! 6 hours of standby use drains half of my battery. So I charge it quickly to 82% before heading to work, then 90 minutes later it’s back down to 56% without even being touched, only 3 notifications during this time. What on earth is happening Apple?! A brand new watch that suddenly can’t last more than 6-8 hours with minimal usage only since the update!

Apple Watch Series 9, watchOS 10

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 11:55 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 16, 2024 9:04 AM in response to Nbull28

I have no doubt the battery itself is perfectly fine, but that Watch's apparent battery consumption is definitely not normal. Give Apple benefit of the doubt for now, but after a day or so and it's still draining as quickly as it has been, contact them again and ask what to do. At a minimum, they will have you restart the Watch in the usual manner, followed by (possibly) un-pairing and subsequently pairing it again. So you might as well try those things yourself. A simple restart may be all it takes and that's easy enough to try.

If the problem continues they need to upload the Watch logs and find out what's going on because you will have already done everything reasonable.

You should not put up with it.

Series 9 Watch Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.