Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Switch off iphone with password or face ID

Why apple don't give us a important feature like when I should switch off my iphone,it will ask me for face ID or Passcode. This feature is excellent for extra theft protection. Please apple,add this feature to iOS 18.🙏

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 12:11 AM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2024 12:22 AM in response to Amrit_007

Switched Off? Still traceable: Even if the iPhone is switched off it is findable, see the pic below.

iPhone is findable even when powered off. (iOS 15 and above)

Did you enable Find My network? See the pic below

If yes, read below how it may get located.

The Find My network is an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices that can help you locate your device.

From the above, I infer that when another device comes in close proximity to your powered-off device the GPS/Bluetooth from both devices will form a network and your device's location info will be displayed to you on your device only. As long as both devices are/have...

• Find My Network is enabled
  • iPhone 11, 12, 13, 14, and above
  • With iOS 15 and above versions

Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

Apr 16, 2024 12:19 AM in response to Amrit_007

This is a community forum where Apple users come together to share tips on Apple devices and troubleshoot issues within the boundaries of the Apple ecosystem.

Here, you can:

• Dive into meaningful discussions: Get insights, share your experiences, and learn from fellow Apple enthusiasts about Apple products
  • Unlock the potential of your devices: Discover hidden features, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your iPhone, Mac, or any other Apple product.
  • Tap into a wealth of knowledge: Our community is full of Apple experts who are happy to share their wisdom and help you navigate the Apple ecosystem.

Apple moderates the forum to ensure a friendly and productive environment, but the real magic happens through user-to-user interaction. So, feel free to explore existing discussions, ask questions, and contribute your own expertise on Apple Products.

Apr 16, 2024 12:20 AM in response to Amrit_007

iPhones are designed with strong security measures to protect the privacy and data of their owners. One of the key features that ensure this is the requirement of an Apple ID and password or a passcode to access the device's contents. This means that without the owner's authorization, it is nearly impossible for anyone else to open an iPhone and gain access to its data.

• The Apple ID and password serve as a unique identifier for each user and are used to link the device to the owner's iCloud account.
  • In the event that the owner has chosen to set up a passcode, an additional layer of protection is added.
  • Additionally, enabling two-factor authentication for the Apple ID further enhances the security of the device by requiring a secondary verification step, typically through a trusted device or phone number, to access the account.

With these security measures in place, iPhones offer a high level of protection against unauthorized access. Even if someone physically possesses the device, they will find it extremely challenging to access its contents without the owner's Apple ID and password or the passcode. This helps safeguard sensitive information, personal data, and ensures the privacy of the iPhone's owner.

It is worth noting that while these security measures provide strong protection against unauthorized access, it is essential for iPhone owners to choose strong and unique passcodes or passwords. This minimizes the risk of brute-force attacks or password-guessing attempts.

Switch off iphone with password or face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.