iPod problem - iTunes are deleting my playlists

EDIT: I have checked "manually manage music and videos" in iTunes. But that doesn't prevent it from messing with my playlists!

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 9:38 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 16, 2024 11:40 PM in response to MaxMaks

So I pressed EDIT to add a sentence, but it replaced the entire post :(

So here was the original post:

I use an iPod for the gym. In the gym I add songs to a playlist. When I get home and connect the iPod to the laptop/iTunes, it for some reason removes all of my added songs - taking it back to what the playlist was the last time I was connected to iTunes. Like the edit says over - I have checked that I manually want to manage music, i thought that would prevent iTunes to overrule my iPod.

Greatly appreciate any help!

Apr 25, 2024 3:02 AM in response to MaxMaks

Possibly, although I'm not sure what else you have done.

If you select Manually Manage, then any changes on your iPod would never be copied back to your iTunes Library, so neither the playlist on your iPod nor the copy in your library should be affected.

Back to reinstalling iTunes:

if you reinstall iTunes and then try to synchronise (Sync) with the iPod, iTunes would almost certainly see the content on the iPod as coming from a different library and would give you a message stating that if you proceed with a Sync, all the existing content would be removed from the ipod. Did you see any such message?

iPod problem - iTunes are deleting my playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.