What were these prompts that came up on ipad safari browser?

Hi! I have 2 questions.

1. Yesterday I was on my iPad mini 6 and using the safari browser. I have not used private browsing for awhile and was curious and clicked on the private area thing and the screen displayed a notice. I didn’t get a good look at it and I clicked outside of the window and it disappeared. Was this notice important? What should I do? What was it?

2. After a bit, I looked at the history section inside the safari browser of my iPad mini 6 and noticed I cleared everything but I was just pressing my finger in that area and looking around. There was a notification in the background that came up quickly and then disappeared. I didn’t get a good look at it but I think it said something about screenshots and then maybe I should go to settings or something. I’m really not sure what it said. It was too quick. Anyway, was it important? What should I do? What was it?

Thanks very much for your time and help! Have a great day!

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 12:00 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Apr 19, 2024 2:26 PM in response to anonymoususer2022

anonymoususer2022 wrote:

Hi Bubba,

Thanks for all your help and patience! It really helped.

1.I was just wondering how long will this conversation with you and me be available on apple discussions? Will it always be here for me to review?

Probably so, yes. It'll likely be locked after about a year of inactivity, but the current posts will stay.

2.In the past, I feel like I may have posted a question on apple discussions. But now I can't find it in "My Subscriptions". I may have remembered incorrectly though. Does apple delete my posts in "my subscriptions" and in other places? Shouldn't my post always be there? Please let me know. Thanks!

Have a great day! Thanks again Bubba!

No problem, you as well! Looks like you've got three posts, in fact (although I can only see the first one in your Subscriptions):

Facetime on iMac does not work - Apple Community

notes in icloud shows 0kb - Apple Community

ipad mini 6 speakers (speakers louder tha… - Apple Community

The bottom two are more than a year old, so that might be why they don't appear under your Subscriptions. It's not technically intended for this to happen but the system doesn't seem to handle old posts very well. You can always search for your posts directly with a site- and user-delimited search on a search engine, such as:

site:discussions.apple.com "anonymoususer2022"

This restricts the results to only ASC (discussions.apple.com) and with your username exactly (anonymoususer2022).

Apr 21, 2024 1:31 PM in response to anonymoususer2022

anonymoususer2022 wrote:

Hi Bubba,

I was wondering, for one of your replies to me how did you draw an arrow and draw a circle on the picture of the toolbar. Is there a program you can recommend for that? Is it free? Please let me know. It would be very helpful to be able to do that. To take a screenshot of something and then draw on it to show others would be very helpful! Thanks again!

That was just done with Markup on my MacBook- it's part of Preview, which comes preinstalled. If you have a picture (screenshot or otherwise), double click it to open in Preview, then click the Markup button:

A menu will come up that allows you to draw lines, arrows, shapes, etc.

You can do something similar on iPhone/iPad by opening a photo, then clicking 'Edit' in the top right.

Mark up files on Mac - Apple Support

Use Markup on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 17, 2024 7:02 PM in response to anonymoususer2022

anonymoususer2022 wrote:

Hi Bubba, thanks very much for your reply! I appreciate it.

In reply to your answer to my first question, it wasn't the privacy report. Among other things, I saw something about locked private browsing or something like that. I'm just worried I needed to input something regarding settings, etc. on the window that disappeared. Should it be ok?

I gotcha- thanks for the extra info. You have the option to lock your private browsing tabs when they're inactive (if you lock your device/aren't using them for a while). When you return, you simply unlock them with your passcode. From Apple (How to use Locked Private Browsing in Safari - Apple Support):

"In iOS and iPadOS, you have the option to turn on Locked Private Browsing when you use Private Browsing for the first time after updating to supported software, or you can turn it on in Settings." (bold mine)

So no, nothing too important. If you would like them to lock, the setting's in Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security.

Apr 16, 2024 8:33 PM in response to anonymoususer2022

anonymoususer2022 wrote:

Hi! I have 2 questions.

1. Yesterday I was on my iPad mini 6 and using the safari browser. I have not used private browsing for awhile and was curious and clicked on the private area thing and the screen displayed a notice. I didn’t get a good look at it and I clicked outside of the window and it disappeared. Was this notice important? What should I do? What was it?

It was probably the Privacy Report, which shows how many trackers Safari blocked. You can see it again by clicking that box.

2. After a bit, I looked at the history section inside the safari browser of my iPad mini 6 and noticed I cleared everything but I was just pressing my finger in that area and looking around. There was a notification in the background that came up quickly and then disappeared. I didn’t get a good look at it but I think it said something about screenshots and then maybe I should go to settings or something. I’m really not sure what it said. It was too quick. Anyway, was it important? What should I do? What was it?

No idea about that popup. I doubt it was important if it disappeared quickly with no lasting notification. If it was a notification and not just a popup, it might be in Notification Center (swipe down from the very top of the screen).

Apr 17, 2024 12:31 PM in response to -Bubba-

Hi Bubba, thanks very much for your reply! I appreciate it.

In reply to your answer to my first question, it wasn't the privacy report. Among other things, I saw something about locked private browsing or something like that. I'm just worried I needed to input something regarding settings, etc. on the window that disappeared. Should it be ok?

In reply to your answer to my second question, thanks for your help! Hopefully, it wasn't anything that important!

Have a great day!

Apr 18, 2024 11:57 AM in response to -Bubba-

Hi Bubba,

Thanks so much for your help!

1.Besides locked private browsing, can you think of anything else on that screen that would be important? Other settings etc.?

2.Also, when I asked about the second prompt I got, you said it probably wouldn't be that important, right? I guess there is nothing I can really do about it. But if you had to guess what do you think it was? sorry to get attached to it...i know you already answered! Sorry!

3.Anyway, do you think I have to contact apple tech support about these issues or should I just let it go?

Thanks again! Have a great day!

Apr 18, 2024 5:11 PM in response to anonymoususer2022

anonymoususer2022 wrote:

Hi Bubba,

Thanks so much for your help!

1.Besides locked private browsing, can you think of anything else on that screen that would be important? Other settings etc.?

Nothing that I can think of. As far as I know, all it does is ask if you want Locked Private Browsing on or not (it defaults off).

2.Also, when I asked about the second prompt I got, you said it probably wouldn't be that important, right? I guess there is nothing I can really do about it. But if you had to guess what do you think it was? sorry to get attached to it...i know you already answered! Sorry!

My guess is it was an informational popup about the location Safari saves files, and by coincidence it just happened to come up while you were using in History. In Settings you can change the location if desired.

3.Anyway, do you think I have to contact apple tech support about these issues or should I just let it go?

Nah, I doubt they'd know about it and anyway it's not really important. If your device needs you to do something, it'll send you a system notification (seen in Settings, below your name, with a red dot).

Apr 19, 2024 1:53 PM in response to -Bubba-

Hi Bubba,

Thanks for all your help and patience! It really helped.

1.I was just wondering how long will this conversation with you and me be available on apple discussions? Will it always be here for me to review?

2.In the past, I feel like I may have posted a question on apple discussions. But now I can't find it in "My Subscriptions". I may have remembered incorrectly though. Does apple delete my posts in "my subscriptions" and in other places? Shouldn't my post always be there? Please let me know. Thanks!

Have a great day! Thanks again Bubba!

Apr 21, 2024 11:15 AM in response to -Bubba-

Hi Bubba,

I was wondering, for one of your replies to me how did you draw an arrow and draw a circle on the picture of the toolbar. Is there a program you can recommend for that? Is it free? Please let me know. It would be very helpful to be able to do that. To take a screenshot of something and then draw on it to show others would be very helpful! Thanks again!

What were these prompts that came up on ipad safari browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.