Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 17.4.1 and iPadOS 17.4.1

iOS 17.4.1 installed and now I can’t make or receive calls

My iPhone XR auto updated to iOS 17.4.1 and now I can’t receive or make calls. I don’t have any cellular data, even though it’s turned on, and I cannot send pictures or iMessages but regular text messages go thru.

Posted on Apr 16, 2024 2:44 PM

2 replies

Apr 16, 2024 9:05 PM in response to Katana-San

Thank you, I have tried all of these suggestions but nothing works. I reset network settings. I’ve traveled two hours away and tried making calls but that didn’t work. I’ve checked all of the phone settings. I get a carrier update pop up, when I say ok, nothing happens. I get a SIM card error. So I took my phone to my local AT&T store and they troubleshot it and put in a new SIM card and that didn’t work. They told me to call apple support, which is funny because I can’t make calls….im going to have to buy a new phone or borrow someone else’s to call apple?? Certain phone settings like call forwarding don’t load up, it just spins. It’s as if the iOS update didn’t completely download? Although it shows it as the current software??

iOS 17.4.1 installed and now I can’t make or receive calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.