Sennheiser XS USB-C Lav microphone very low volume input.

I purchased Sennheiser USB-C lav microphone which cannot make it work the way I like it. The input volume is very low and I need to use another methods for db gain.

I tried all ways from settings, audio-midi gain, aggregate devices etc, etc. all is up to 100% and nothing works. Good is that I don't need this mic for online meetings, rather record my self for my podcast/video recordings.

Currently, what I am doing is recording my podcast/video save it in wav/mp3 and in audacity apply NOVA plugin to increase the volume. This is not natural at all.

Funny thing is that the mic works flawlessly on my iPhone 15 Plus and this could be the last solution which I am trying to avoid by any means- i.e. connecting my iPhone as mic. The reason is I have separate account on Mac Studio only for podcast/video production and don't want to mix it with my regular apple account.

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 4:41 AM

16 replies

Apr 17, 2024 9:20 AM in response to panaka09

The classic issue with low input from a Microphone is not enough POWER to the Microphone. (readers try to plug an unpowered Microphone is the Mac input, which does not provide ANY power.)

I am not sure whether this can be used for debugging in your case, it may not apply.

Most input devices seem to benefit from running Audio MIDI Setup utility.

Sennheiser XS USB-C Lav microphone very low volume input.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.