I am unable to activate FaceTime or iMessage on my personal iPhone

Hi everyone. I have a situation. Just the other day, my work iphone asked if I want to pair with my personal iphone for messages and phone calls. Dumb me, I clicked ok. And it paired/synced. Now I cannot get Facetime nor iMessaging to work on my personal phone because of the Device Management tool that was apparently updated on my work iPhone.

I have now unsynced the phones. Work iPhone now asks me if I want to sign into my Apple ID. and I say NO. But my Apple ID still holds the work phone and won't let me take it off my Apple ID. Two questions...

1. Do I need my work iphone to be on my personal Apple ID?
  2. How do I get my Facetime and iMessaging to work again on my personal phone?

This is so crummy because I face time with my family daily. And now I cannot.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 9:26 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2024 9:54 AM in response to sbtayl

sbtayl wrote:

1. Hi everyone. I have a situation. Just the other day, my work iphone asked if I want to pair with my personal iphone for messages and phone calls. Dumb me, I clicked ok. And it paired/synced. Now I cannot get Facetime nor iMessaging to work on my personal phone because of the Device Management tool that was apparently updated on my work iPhone.

I have now unsynced the phones. Work iPhone now asks me if I want to sign into my Apple ID. and I say NO. But my Apple ID still holds the work phone and won't let me take it off my Apple ID. Two questions...
Do I need my work iphone to be on my personal Apple ID?
2. How do I get my Facetime and iMessaging to work again on my personal phone?

This is so crummy because I face time with my family daily. And now I cannot.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPhone - Apple Support

I am unable to activate FaceTime or iMessage on my personal iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.