M2 Macbook Pro Keyboard stopped working suddenly

Bought my M2 Macbook Pro last May. No issues so far at all until today all of a sudden I pull it out of Sleep and can't type the password! Realised none of the keys work except the Power key. Trackpad works fine. Shut it down for around 10 minutes, start it again and it's working perfectly. Thought it was some bug. Now again the same thing happened. No amount of restarting or keep the lid closed or anything is working! Is this a common issue? Been keeping good care of the MacBook after a horrible experience with the 2017 Intel one. Anyone has any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 10:56 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 16, 2024 4:59 PM in response to anirudhbhardwaj

Hi - had the same issue - M2 macbook pro 16" - was intermitant and slowly got worse since bought...just coming to the end of it now - initially reinstalled system...Apple reset the firmware which also got it going a little while...in the end went off for repair - had to pay for a motherboard replacement - they said it was liquid damage....I have no idea how that was so...they only replaced the board as well...so don't know how it got in...working now

M2 Macbook Pro Keyboard stopped working suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.