Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mac OS Profiles question

Hi,

I got a stack of macbooks from a recycler that used to be in a school. The recycler told me that it is expected most laptops will not be enrolled in any kind of remote management profile, but that a couple may have been missed by the school's IT - but they said not to worry, to let them know the serial numbers of the units still enrolled, and they will reach out to the school's IT and have them removed from the management profile, who will be happy to do so.

To be clear, I am not asking how to "by,pass" the profile restrictions or if they can be removed by me, I know they can't, and the IT dept is happy to do so on the overlooked ones if needed. My question is, it looks like they were setup without being connected to the internet and they're on the desktop, so there is no way of knowing which ones are still enrolled in the remote management profile and which aren't.

How do I check? I am guessing I just connect them to wifi, and then open up "Profiles" and wait for something to populate, correct? I don't want to have to reinstall the OS on all of them just to find out, there is 50+ laptops, that would take days.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 12:57 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mac OS Profiles question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.