Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iphone 13 pro locked up

My iPhone 13 was behaving strangely and was close to being out of memory. I just backed up all my photos to my iMac and was deleting the originals on my iPhone 13 Pro when its functionality progressively deteriorated. I wasn't able to delete deleted photos. I could not check memory usage. I started deleting apps as well, but then it got stuck... I don't remember on what screen. I did a power down, but think that's when it started not booting up. Currently it is only capable of showing the Apple Logo. I try the sequence of up button, down button, main button, and that seems like it turns it off, but then the logo comes back again. It locked up most of yesterday, then this morning indicated it was out of battery when I tried to pug it into the iMac. I plugged it into a dedicated power source and it just gave it more power to show the Apple logo again. I am good about performing all updates, so probably have the latest. I don't remember a recent one, especially in the last month or so. When I plug it into my iMac, the iMac will not recognize it. It does not show up in Finder.

Is there a way to reset the entire phone and just restore, preferably without photos?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 3:27 PM

1 reply

iphone 13 pro locked up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.