How to recover my iCloud account without linked phone number

I have been trying to recover my old iCloud account for the past few months. I lost my old number so I'm not able to send a recovery text. I can't send a recovery code either because the account it sends it to the iCloud mail which I cannot see because I need to recover the account first. I have been trying to tell Apple this but every time I try to recover it they tell me to wait for a few days to hear back. But I haven't hear back from them at any time. What I'm trying to say is, I have spent money on that account, why can't you idk, use my phone Imei, my card information, the security questions and all the information that Apple takes from us to make sure the account it's mine and help me recovering it. For example Microsoft, can help you if you give them the serial number and ip of the device where you made the account.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 6:37 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 12:42 AM in response to BananaEnjoyer99

Nobody here works for Apple so there is nothing we can actually "do" to help you with this other than provide information.

If you used your iCloud account as your notification address that was a big mistake. You can't get the emails that you need to see when you have an issue with that very account. Once you get this sorted out use a different email account.

You talk about security questions. Apple stopped using those several years ago and has been constantly reminding people to change to the new security method. Did you really mean security questions? If you use them and they still work then fine. If they don't and can't find a way that Apple will accept that you really are the account owner then you may have to abandon the account.

A thief who steals your phone while you are using it could possibly get the IMEI or serial number off it. That's not security. In fact with older phones I seem to remember they even printed IMEI and serial numbers on the outside of the phone. Anyway, if you owned a secondhand phone and the old owner kept those numbers and had some basic information about you, having those numbers as security wouldn't be secure.

Have you been using account recovery? How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple says you can use card information, but they may require more than that. Realize that accounts these days can have huge financial and personal information on them. Accounts used to be trivial. Now they are something big and entail security.

How to recover my iCloud account without linked phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.