Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

One Apple ID, two different devices, same restrictions

I have one Apple ID for my iPhone and iPad. They both have location enabled and are on the latest update. On my iPhone Safari, under restrictions, doesn’t allow me to erase my history etc. But the same does not apply for my IPad. Why is that and is there a way to further restrict the safari app on my IPad to match with the iPhone?

thanks

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 8:49 PM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2024 1:53 AM in response to abe365

Presumably neither device is centrally managed by an Enterprise/Business or an Educational establishment? If externally managed, the device may have management policies applied that restrict or inhibit certain functionality.

Safari's History and Website Data is deleted from settings:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

Apr 18, 2024 5:19 AM in response to LotusPilot

They aren’t externally managed, this is just restrictions that I personally set on my iPhone. It’s not merely the history, but even all of my blocked sites on iPhone are allowed on the iPad. It’s as if it’s two different set of restrictions, even though it’s the same Apple ID and they should be synced to each other.

thanks

Apr 18, 2024 7:02 AM in response to LotusPilot

I’m attempting to have the same restrictions on my IPad that are already on my IPhone. The issue here is that the restrictions in Safari on my IPad are nonexistent, while my iPhone has restrictions on Safari. I’m attempting to strengthen the restrictions on my IPad to the same level. I’m unsure why they aren’t Syncing. Thanks

Apr 18, 2024 8:01 AM in response to LotusPilot

I am not attempting to delete my history. I was merely using that as one of the indicators that my restrictions on my iPhone are different than the ones on my iPad. The main question is why exactly is my screen time, which includes all content restrictions, not syncing across all the devices Uber one Apple ID? They are both updated and have been turned off and on. The share across devices is on for both, and neither is externally managed.

thanks

One Apple ID, two different devices, same restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.