Annoying YouTube Screensavers on Apple TV?

Does anyone know how to disable YouTube’s new, annoying screensavers on Apple TV 4K? I specifically unabled my Apple TV to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity, but now when I pause YouTube it activates screensavers that keep my TV on indefinitely. Some apps, such as ESPN used to do this, then got fixed. This is so stupid, since when does any app activate screensavers that override the device you’re using?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 9:21 AM

Caballo_De_Troya wrote:

Does anyone know how to disable YouTube’s new, annoying screensavers on Apple TV 4K? I specifically unabled my Apple TV to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity, but now when I pause YouTube it activates screensavers that keep my TV on indefinitely. Some apps, such as ESPN used to do this, then got fixed. This is so stupid, since when does any app activate screensavers that override the device you’re using?

Ask google or youtube support about their products.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2024 9:21 AM in response to Caballo_De_Troya

Caballo_De_Troya wrote:

Ask google or youtube support about their products.

Annoying YouTube Screensavers on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.