Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple pay not working after update 17.4.1

Hi

After update 17.4.1, ApplePay doesn't work on my iPhone 13. Will this problem be solved?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 11:31 AM

I have this problem too

uodated to the new IoS. On iPhone 13

Then next day (yesterday) realised wallet wasn’t working.

couldn’t figure it out. Called Apple. Who told me to sign out of iCloud. Which didn’t work. But did get rid of my cards on both phone and watch. Have managed to add back on watch. But wallet doesn’t work at all now. Double click on side button but won’t even bring up boarding passes. And my bank cards have gone.

tried to add back on my phone but get this error message

what has Apple done? Turned my phone into a brick with their update.

Anyone else experiencing this and manage to get it fixed?

to reiterate. My iPhone 13 worked fine until the update. Coincidence?! I think not given how many posts I’ve seen about this or a similar issue whilst looking into it.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2024 11:31 AM in response to akim2022

I have this problem too

uodated to the new IoS. On iPhone 13

Then next day (yesterday) realised wallet wasn’t working.

couldn’t figure it out. Called Apple. Who told me to sign out of iCloud. Which didn’t work. But did get rid of my cards on both phone and watch. Have managed to add back on watch. But wallet doesn’t work at all now. Double click on side button but won’t even bring up boarding passes. And my bank cards have gone.

tried to add back on my phone but get this error message

what has Apple done? Turned my phone into a brick with their update.

Anyone else experiencing this and manage to get it fixed?

to reiterate. My iPhone 13 worked fine until the update. Coincidence?! I think not given how many posts I’ve seen about this or a similar issue whilst looking into it.

Apr 19, 2024 11:12 AM in response to akim2022

In my experience, it’s an issue isolated to your iPhone. It could be software related (settings etc.) or hardware related. Sometimes just doin a forced restart is enough to fix the issue. This is the simplest fix. I’ve linked the instructions below. Please follow the instructions as a forced restart is more than just turning your iPhone off and on.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 23, 2024 5:00 PM in response to akim2022

I have this same problem, online I cannot use apple pay. I have reset my phone. Restarted it, deleted apple wallet deleted cards. Reinstalled all of it and nothing helps. Oddly enough I was able to use it in an app to make a payment just not on safari. I did not have this issue either prior to the update. It won’t tell me why payment failed it just says failed. I can’t use my phone to verify a payment on my laptop either.

Apr 24, 2024 5:46 AM in response to 00nope

If you feel Safari is the issue, you can delete Safari and then download it again from the Apple App Store. In my experience Safari usually works better than Google Chrome and other web browsers.

I sometimes have issues with websites too. I feel that sometimes it’s a website issue and not Apple Pay. If you’re consistently having issues with just one website, it’s probably the website causing the issues.

Other things you can try is switching from WiFi to cellular or vice versa, logout of Apple ID and then log back in. This unfortunately will remove all your payment methods and they’ll need to be re-added to your Wallet app.

Apple pay not working after update 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.