Skype crashes when selecting someone to chat or call

For the las week, I've had this problem with the Skype app on may Mac... The app crashes when selecting a contact to call or chat... The Skype desktop turns black and then crashes, reopen and crashes again...

I've been in touch with Microsoft but they haven't found the reason for the issue. Now they ask me to create a new user profile, to uninstall antivirus (that I installed after the issue began to check if I had a virus) and to try another wifi connection...

None of these make sense to me, since the antivirus was not there when the problem started, my profile is the same as before when I had no issues at all and the wifi is the same and the only one I have, and never interfered with Skype.

No sure if I have changed any security setting that could make any problem; for the last few days, each time I receive a mail I get a message telling "Your network preferences prevented the content from loading privately", but again I don't remember making any changing in my settings.

My device is a MacBook Air 2022 M2 with Sonoma 14.4.1

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you!

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 10:26 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Skype crashes when selecting someone to chat or call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.