Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Lost photos from iCloud

I rang Apple a year ago and spoke to someone on the phone about my iCloud Photos. My phone was becoming full and I had iCloud syncing turned off as my iCloud was storing photos that weren’t on my phone. I asked if I need to move my photos off iCloud to not lose them and they told me no that it would just add all my new photos to the current library. I have just logged into iCloud and all my old photos are gone… which are all my photos of my baby and holidays I went on and pretty much just everything. I only did this because the person on the phone specifically advised me this would not happen. I asked the same question multiple times because I was so worried it would two way sync and they said it won’t. Is there anyway I can get all my photos back 🥹

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 12:14 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2024 12:57 PM in response to Irinav89

Irinav89 wrote:

I rang Apple a year ago and spoke to someone on the phone about my iCloud Photos. My phone was becoming full and I had iCloud syncing turned off as my iCloud was storing photos that weren’t on my phone. I asked if I need to move my photos off iCloud to not lose them and they told me no that it would just add all my new photos to the current library. I have just logged into iCloud and all my old photos are gone… which are all my photos of my baby and holidays I went on and pretty much just everything. I only did this because the person on the phone specifically advised me this would not happen. I asked the same question multiple times because I was so worried it would two way sync and they said it won’t. Is there anyway I can get all my photos back 🥹

Read here Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Lost photos from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.