Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook Air m3 Trackpad delay

Hi, Ive noticed that i have some delays on my Macbooks trackpad, But it isn't noticable unless you really try to look for it and point my ur eyes on the keys while focusing on the finger movement and the cursor on my macbooks screen. Its just like 0.01 second delay but im just wondering if its normal? It doesn't interfere with my usage but im just abit worried since 1 week ago exactly a drop of water from my hair fell onto the gap between the trackpad and the unibody (specifically bottom right corner). Everything still works like normal it senses clicks and haptic works and the corners also register finger movements, just the very tiny bit of delay thats not noticeable unless you really really pay attention. Please help, Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 7:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2024 12:19 AM in response to EadricAPPLEFanBOI

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support.  Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

Macbook Air m3 Trackpad delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.