Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Final Cut Pro crashed, and now immediately crashing upon launch EVERY TIME

I was editing a 4k timeline with some heavy colour grading and the app crashed. Now upon launch it crashes WITHOUT FAIL. I have 19 days left of the trial, and when I press okay, that’s when it crashes. It merely says ‘Final cut pro trial quit unexpectedly’. I can’t get on. I have restarted my laptop, changed apple id’s, and deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times, deleting everything in the process (I presume). I need to get this footage edited asap and this is a major problem. Any suggestions??

I have MacBook Air M1 16gb ram.

Windows

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 1:45 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 20, 2024 2:22 PM in response to Zacataca

Whenever the application crashes you should trash the settings. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, just opening the application, it will open a default Untitled  library.  

Apr 21, 2024 11:19 AM in response to Zacataca

You should completely remove Chroma as well its keystone daemons. They're resource hogs, running continuously on core system functions.

The system looks unusual can you explain what's going on. Do you have two system volumes? Do you have an Update that's on a separate volume or something else.

You should also trash the application and reinstall it.

Apr 25, 2024 7:52 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I don't understand what you mean about two system volumes? I only have one installed and it's fully updated (as far as I am aware). I went through the Chroma and daemons as part of a call with Apple Support, and it didn't fix anything.

We were unable to get it to work on this profile login, but I made a new user profile and it worked on that. Odd. Apple said they haven't seen this before.

Final Cut Pro crashed, and now immediately crashing upon launch EVERY TIME

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.