Scam Omo Fit app

after cancelling a trial I supposedly signed up for a 3 months subscription AND a premium. This was done online. Subscription doesn't show in the app, nor can it be cancelled in the app. NOR have I received an email of these subscriptions. I have paid 200€ without ever using or downloading the app. I downloaded after the renewal, can't see the subscription in the app. Emailed with the company. They will not reimburse and have sent a website link that shows my subscription. Very strange that I cannot find it the normal way, in the app!

I think this company is scamming clients and should be removed from the app store

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 8:16 AM

I see in the reviews that other users had the exact same experience! Maybe Apple Should act on it and delete the app. I am not a user that accidentally clicks on a subscription. Most likely nor were the others that were scammed!

Similar questions

7 replies

May 25, 2024 1:02 PM in response to Eleno907

Eleno907 wrote:

The Omo app just charged my card even though I have no active account or subscription with them . This app should be reported and removed for scamming and fraudulent charging.

You can do that by going to this link. There are other options to choose from other than requesting a refund and one of the options is to report it as a fraud or scam app. These reports are essential for Apple in making removal decisions.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

You can also write a review of the app on its page in the App Store. This will alert other users who are interested in downloaded the app. When you download any new app, you should always read the reviews of others in order to make an informed decision if you really want that app. You will see that it only has a 1 star rating with many people claiming the same experience as you. The same poor results are also shown in the Google Play store with the same complaints.

Apple does make removal decisions based on the reviews and ratings provided by users. Last year they removed over 116,000 apps and prevented over $1.8 billion in fraudulent charges, with this information made available in their yearly transparency report.

https://www.macrumors.com/2024/05/17/2023-app-store-transparency-report/

Apr 21, 2024 7:52 AM in response to AnitaSpain

The only way to cancel a subscription using the method provided by Apple is when the subscription was made using an in-app purchase so that Apple processed the payment. Some companies want you to subscribe on their website so that they can avoid paying Apple a commission to process the payment and also so you cannot cancel the subscription through Apple. Whenever you subscribe outside of an app, you are dealing with that company directly, bypassing Apple's ability to manage the subscription. It makes no difference if that company also has an app, the only difference is where the subscription was purchased.

In the future, only use the in-app purchase for subscriptions if you want to be able to easily cancel that subscription. What you can do now is write a review for the App on the App Store to alert other users who may be interested in downloading it. Those users will not see your post here, but will be able to see it in the App Store if they choose to read the reviews.

You can also use the Report a Problem link to express your concerns about the app. While this link talks specifically about requesting a refund, one of the options you can choose is to report an app as a Scam or Fraud. Apple has removed apps where enough people have reported a problem with it or it had received too many negative reviews.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Scam Omo Fit app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.