Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Previously purchased music gone after cancelling Apple Music free trial subscription

I had an extensive music library through iTunes - all purchased - and after signing up for the free 1-month trial of Apple Music and cancelling the free trial within the free period some of my music, purchased long ago, is now gone.  At first they showed up with a cloud icon, indicating that they were downloadable, but then when I tried the entry just turned grey and I can't play or download or anything.  Apple Music grabbed them - but they were already mine!

Giving up I went ahead and re-purchased one through the Store in iTunes and it STILL won't play for me - it said I need to use Apple Music!  So now I can't even buy my songs back again ......

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 7:02 PM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2024 5:24 AM in response to muguy

Thanks! I subscribed and cancelled Apple Music trial on my iPhone but never downloaded the app on my iMac where I use iTunes to load music onto my iPod (both pretty old). Now the Store shows iTunes purchases I make as ‘play’ but when I return to my iMac iTunes library they show as in the cloud and won’t play or let me download to the Mac so I can then put them on my iPod. I want to be completely divorced from Apple Music….

Previously purchased music gone after cancelling Apple Music free trial subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.