Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newly created email in iCloud is coming up as Gmail.

iMac Sonoma 14.4.1: iCloud email account is periodically producing a new email linked only to the gmail account. About 60% of the time, there is no way within the email message to change to the iCloud account. This happens both with a new message and a response to an inbox message. It started about a week ago and is intermittent. Sometimes the drop down arrow allows me to select the iCloud account, sometimes it only offers to hide my address from the recipient. I saw that someone else had this question about 2 years ago, but I did not find an answer from that inquiry.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 10:40 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 22, 2024 1:09 PM in response to SeattleNan

You have asked about two very different situations.

1. Replying to a message: Replies are sent using the mailbox that received the incoming message. If you wish to use a different mailbox, forwarding is required.
  2. Originating a message: You will always be offered a choice of mailboxes when originating a message. The default will depend on what you were last doing. For example, if you were last active in the Gmail area, the message will default to Gmail.

Newly created email in iCloud is coming up as Gmail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.