Audio Issues after exporting Multicam project using Compressor

I am experiencing an odd issue when I export my project to Compressor ONLY when I have a Multicam clip. I will explain the issue and then the settings.

Issue: After exporting the project using Compressor, one of the audio tracks during my Multicam clip just won't be there. Everything else is perfect. For example, I have a 3 camera Multicam clip, where I am using audio from 2 out of the 3 cameras. When I am on the "Camera B" video, the audio works, but when I switch to "Camera C", the video works, but the audio is not there. To be clear, I can hear the audio just fine within FCPX, it just doesn't export using Compressor.

Here are my project settings;

Video: 4K

3840x2160 23.98p

Rendering: Apple ProRes 422 HQ

Standard - Rec.709

Audio: Surround 48kHz

Compressor settings:

Preset: 4K

Video: H.264, 3840x2160, Progressive, 23.976 fps Rec.709

Audio: MPEG-4 AAC, 5.1 (C L R Ls Rs LFE), 44.100 kHz

All of this is running on a MacStudio with an M1 Max and 64GB of RAM. I am also experiencing the spinning beach ball in my timeline ONLY when trying to play over the Multicam portion of my project. (I doubt that this is related to the audio issue though.)

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how I can export and include all channels of my Multicam audio?

Mac Studio, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 12:37 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 28, 2024 2:58 PM in response to jimirad

Ok, sorry for the delay getting back to you. I was able to add a destination into FCP from a Compressor preset. That did export the audio just fine, but that still doesn't resolve the issue with Compressor. I did find out that this doesn't only happen on a Multicam clip, but any compound clip with multiple sources of audio. Any idea on what is causing Compressor to not export the audio properly?

Apr 29, 2024 1:12 AM in response to jimirad

FWIW, I was never a fan of using “Send to Compressor”… for a single export, I just use Compressor Settings right within FCP, as Tom mentioned.

And if you want multiple export formats it may be faster to make a ProRes master in FCP and use that. Compressor cannot take advantage of parallel jobs when dealing with a FCP project, but can when working with a video file.

Audio Issues after exporting Multicam project using Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.