Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 Pro Max slow internet and data speeds.

My iPhone 15 PM has recently (2 days ago) started having horrendously slow internet AND mobile data speeds. Every other device connected to the same network (same modem, same access point) are reporting 800+ Mbps, while my iPhone reports in the 1-8 Mbps range.

Using mobile data is the same story, it reports in the 1-10 Mbps range, but my iPhone 11 Pro Max with the same sim and plan reports in the 250-500 Mbps range as of a test I ran this morning. I tested the "Responsiveness" through the developer settings and it reported "Low (25 RPM)"

It looks like other people have been having this issue, so here's a list of things I've tried that haven't been successful:

• Restarting my phone (both with normal and the force reboot)
  • Resetting my WiFi DNS settings (they were automatic anyways)
  • Setting the DNS address to 8.8.8.8
  • Restarting the modem (this shouldn't be required, as every other device on the network is not experiencing any issues. For example, my 6 year old Note 9 is reporting a 440 Mbps internet speed.)

Does anyone have any information about this or is experiencing a similar issue?

Extra info:

• iOS version: 17.4.1
  • Free Storage: 400 GB
  • VPN configurations: none
  • iCloud private relay: off
  • IP configuration: automatic

Basically, nothing has changed about my device configuration (or modem or data plan) at all and suddenly it's not working.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 2:38 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 23, 2024 10:34 PM in response to theboster

theboster Said:

"As an update: I'm a developer, and I can't even connect my phone to my laptop to do debugging or installing new builds on my phone. This problem makes it impossible to work, and is 100% an issue with the new iOS."

-------

Well, if you are so certain this is an issue with the iOS, then by golly report it to Apple. Seems you can troubleshoot it from here.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Apr 27, 2024 8:25 AM in response to theboster

Same there! The auntie sitting next to me in a congested metro using other bands phone can online smoothly, but my iPhone can’t, with hotspot mode I modified the Mac’s Firefox browser setting to more aggressive, connect to iPhone’s hotpot and internet suddenly works so smooth on Firefox but iPhone safari still can’t load ..

how can we tweak the iPhone to be more aggressive on connection thus to take on the same level as Chinese band phone’s aggressiveness ?

iPhone 15 Pro Max slow internet and data speeds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.