Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to secure iCloud Account after suspecting Unauthorized Access?

Hi there, please help me out I cannot sleep at night. I had a account which I setup a while ago on a Mac which didn’t belong to me. On that computer there was already another admin account present. A month ago my friend left and took the Mac with him. I tried to delete my account but there was a bug and I couldn’t at that time and he promised he would delete it for me from his admin account because he didnt have my password. Today I suspected the he broke into my account and he has access to my contacts, photos, mail etc. I reacted badly first I removed the Mac from trusted devices and then changed my icloud password. I should have tried first to remotly delete it from find my app. I didn’t. What are my options now? Please help!!!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 5:50 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 12:40 AM in response to SkillzThatThrillz

SkillzThatThrillz Said:

"How to secure iCloud Account after suspecting Unauthorized Access?: [...]How to secure iCloud Account after suspecting Unauthorized Access?"

-------

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone calls' and messages' info to Apple and Authorities. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

How to secure iCloud Account after suspecting Unauthorized Access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.