Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

AppleID and iPhone 11 not operating properly.

My iPhone 11 is exhibiting all of the behaviors that the support app lists as it being hacked.

Also I believe it has been compromised, cloned and no matter what I do I can’t secure my AppleID.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 9:24 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 12:40 AM in response to protobot

Report the hacking incident to local law enforcement authorities and actively pursue the case.

Report the Scam to the Authorities:

• Contact your local law enforcement agency: File a police report as soon as possible. This creates an official record of the scam and helps them track these criminals. You can usually find the non-emergency number for your local police department online or by calling your information line (e.g., 411).
  • Gather your evidence: The fact that you have the box, receipt, photos, and screenshots is fantastic! This strengthens your case considerably. Bring these items with you when you file the report, or if reporting online, clearly list them and offer to send them electronically.

Strengthening Your Case:

• Provide details: Be thorough when explaining the scam. Include dates, times, names (if any), contact methods, and a detailed explanation of how the scam unfolded.
  • Financial records: If you lost money, include any bank statements or transaction records related to the scam.
  • Online presence: If the scam happened online, provide screenshots of the scammer's profile, website, or any online interactions you had.

Filing the Report:

• Request a copy: Once you've filed the report, ask for a copy for your records. This will include a reference number, which may be helpful for future inquiries.
  • Report online (if available): Many police departments allow you to file reports online. This can be a convenient option, but be sure to follow up with a phone call if you have any complex details or significant losses.

Following Up:

• Be persistent: Scams can take time to investigate. While there's no guarantee they'll catch the perpetrator, be persistent in checking on the progress of your case. Maintain a polite and professional tone when following up.

Additional Resources:

• Consider reporting the scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ This helps them track scam trends and develop consumer protection resources.
  • Depending on the type of scam, there may be specialized reporting agencies as well.

By taking these steps, you not only increase the chances of recovering your losses but also help law enforcement track down these criminals and protect others from falling victim.

AppleID and iPhone 11 not operating properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.