Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to identify SE 2 or SE3 generation?

I ordered an SE3rd generation. The phone I received comes up as 2nd generation. How can i be sure that I do if fact have a 3rd generation/ How do I identify the 15 Bionic?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 1:10 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 1:14 AM in response to jkb3109

Check the Model Numbers:

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Year introduced: 2022

Capacity: 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB

Colours: (PRODUCT)RED, starlight, midnight

Model numbers: A2595 (United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Mexico, Saudi Arabia), A2782 (Japan), A2784 (Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan), A2785 (China), A2783 (other countries and regions)

Details: the display is 4.7 inches (diagonal). The glass front is flat with curved edges. The back is glass, and there's an anodised aluminium band around the frame. The side button is on the right-hand side of the device. The device has a solid-state Home button with Touch ID. There's a 12 MP Wide camera on the back. There's an LED True Tone flash on the back and a SIM tray on the right-hand side that holds a "fourth form factor" (4FF) nano-SIM card. The IMEI is etched on the SIM tray.

See the tech specs for iPhone SE (3rd generation).

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Year introduced: 2020

Capacity: 64, 128, 256 GB

Colours: white, black, (PRODUCT)RED

Model numbers: A2275 (Canada, United States), A2298 (China mainland), A2296 (other countries and regions)

Details: the display is 4.7 inches (diagonal). The glass front is flat with curved edges. The back is glass, and there's an anodised aluminium band around the frame. The side button is on the right-hand side of the device. The device has a solid-state Home button with Touch ID. There's a Quad-LED True Tone flash on the back and a SIM tray on the right-hand side that holds a "fourth form factor" (4FF) nano-SIM card. The IMEI is etched on the SIM tray.

See the tech specs for iPhone SE (2nd generation).

How to identify SE 2 or SE3 generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.