Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is it possible to connect VanMoof S3 to Apple Find My remotely?

Hello, my VanMoof S3 bike has been stolen. I have already informed the VANMOOF company several times that in order to provide more information to the police, I need to activate the GPS function. However, VANMOOF does not activate it and does not respond. I have all the codes and the V app on my phone, but the bike was not connected to "Find My" and now it has been stolen. Is there a possibility to connect the bike to Apple Find My when the bike is not nearby? Thank you very much for your help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 4:31 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 23, 2024 5:05 AM in response to MrBill3

Thank you for your response. My VanMoof was compatible with iPhone and Find My, and it was connected via Bluetooth. However, I didn't know what I needed to connect to Find My, which is why its GPS function doesn't work. My question is: Is it possible to connect an item to Find My by entering codes, even when the item is not nearby?

Apr 23, 2024 6:40 AM in response to martynas19

martynas19 wrote:

Even though I still have a Bluetooth connection to the app on my iPhone and all the codes (frame number, product code, MAC address, and validation code) written down on paper?

I'm not sure we're qualified to answer that question. Typically, if something can be connected to Find My, it has to be connected before something unfortunate goes wrong. But this is a forum about iPhone and VanMoof S3 is not an Apple product, so you'll need to get technical support from them. My guess would be if you didn't connect it before it went missing, you can't connect it afterwards. And Bluetooth has nothing to do with this. Bluetooth has a very very limited range of feet, not miles.

Apr 23, 2024 6:59 AM in response to martynas19

Here are the instructions to set up Find My on the bike from VanMoof:

Open the Find My app on your iOS device and tap on the 'Items' tab. Tap the 'Add item' button and quickly press the power button on the bottom of the top tube twice.

Unfortunately, you cannot press the power button on the top tube twice if you don't have the bike in your possession.

Is it possible to connect VanMoof S3 to Apple Find My remotely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.