Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

In last 6 weeks, Safari (on my iMac) pops a memo of what was sought on the website instead of landing on the next page

This issue started to occur on several sites over a month ago. The only recourse was using firefox. I have studied the responses to similar questions and attempted a number of changes to the extensions/pop ups etc. but nothing has solved the problem. If it can't be fixed by Apple (which caused the issue in an automatic update) I will have to abandon Safari. See my screen grabs below: The first is of our town's site listing services. I clicked on Tax Payments and the proper landing page flashes and then is replaced by the next image which looks like a memo. The memo has no click areas so I am shut out from the town site at that point.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 6:54 AM

It appears you have set websites to use the Reader. Verify at Safari > Settings > Websites > Reader. Turn the reader off on any configured websites and also make sure the option on the bottom titled "When Visiting other Websites" is turned Off.

Tapping the page icon on the left of the address bar on some websites will set it to use Reader mode.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 6:54 AM in response to racetimac

It appears you have set websites to use the Reader. Verify at Safari > Settings > Websites > Reader. Turn the reader off on any configured websites and also make sure the option on the bottom titled "When Visiting other Websites" is turned Off.

Tapping the page icon on the left of the address bar on some websites will set it to use Reader mode.

In last 6 weeks, Safari (on my iMac) pops a memo of what was sought on the website instead of landing on the next page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.