Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

X/Twitter account created with Apple ID links to email address I don't have access to.

Hello, so for the past few days I've been trying to change my X account password due to me forgetting it. Until there, normal, until I reached out to the page to change my password, which for some reason links to an e-mail address - which according to their description is this "6k********@p***********.*******.***", I assume this is some sort of anonymous fallback e-mail my Apple ID created just for that account? Whenever I try to contact support with my standard Gmail address it just says it's wrong. Can someone help me with that?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 6:57 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 7:47 AM in response to funie

Not sure how you forgot a password you should not have possibly known to begin with.

If you used "Sign in with Apple", the email account and password are generated automatically for you by the service and stored in your iCloud Keychain.

You can refer to them at any time by accessing your Keychain password list from an Apple device signed into your Apple ID.

click here ➜ Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

or on Windows ➜ Manage iCloud passwords on your Windows computer - Apple Support

If this happened on a Windows computer, then Apple has nothing to do there. You must have created your Twitter account some other way to generate that email address. You cannot use Sign in with Apple from a Windows PC.

You can also log in to https://icloud.com and see all your email addresses that were created under "Hide My Email" for the "Sign in with Apple" option.

click here ➜ Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

X/Twitter account created with Apple ID links to email address I don't have access to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.