Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Where is Apple regarding the Calendar mess since Updating to Sonoma

I have tried all the workarounds about cleaning up the mess on Calendars since updating to Sonoma on my MacAir. The only thing that worked was to tediously reenter all events on the Mac, export the Calendar, email the created calendar file to myself, then import into my iPhone 15 & iPad Pro.

I have been entering each event onto each device since this happened, as well as keeping track of new or changed events in a Note I created. Notes are synched through iCloud, but I refuse to use iCloud to synch my Mac Calendars and files.

just looked at the discussion about Calendar duplication, entries, all day events being changed to every single day, etc., and it looks like there has been no fix from Apple, and that if I try to synch devices again, that I will recreate all the problems that Apple’s Sonoma update caused.

Where is Apple? Where is the fix for Calendars?

I’m going to check that all my dates have been entered on the MacAir and then export that calendar for safe-keeping, but looks as if synching my devices is not possible yet.

Anyone figured out, yet, how to safely synch devices again without using iCloud, and without recreating the Calendars duplications?

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 8:12 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 8:31 AM in response to bhludlow

I've had no issues with calendar. Perhaps try syncing using iCloud instead of connecting; maybe there is something on device indicating a new event for all events? How do you have calendar set up? Are you using just the built-in tools or an Exchange account, Google, etc. Those calendars should readily sync when you set up internet accounts on the Mac.

Where is Apple regarding the Calendar mess since Updating to Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.