Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Updated Safari generated Passwords do not Sync with Keychain and block me from web site.

I tried changing a password for primary email. I clicked on link within Password window. That took me to website itself and changed I changed it there. I used a Safari generated password. I received the window to sync NEW password with keychain, I clicked yes. Except Safari Passwords did not update. I tried this 3 times. Each time closing and opening Safari. The third time I tried to change the password, Safari reverted to the very old, first password I had used. I decided not to use the mechanism within Safari Passwords to change the password as I did not trust it anymore. Finally I went back to website itself and changed it there after proving to them who I was. Then I went to Safari passwords and manually EDITED the incorrrect password that it wanted to retain and use. I then replaced it with the new password that I generated. This sync is a basic function of Apple devices. And its inability to sync was very frustrating. Sync is a CORE principal of Apple OS. Should I move to a Password manager now?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 11:13 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Updated Safari generated Passwords do not Sync with Keychain and block me from web site.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.