Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

uninstall zoom and all associated files

I want to completely remove Zoom from my MacBook Pro. I want to remove all hidden files related to Zoom and the app itself. The Zoom uninstaller does not remove hidden files.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 10:10 AM

As you imply, some applications are not completely removed by simply dragging it to the Trash and then emptying it. Some vendors provide an uninstall app on their web sites which can completely remove the app. Another easy to use alternative is to download and use the AppCleaner app. It is safe and effectively removes everything when used properly. I have used it for years.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 10:10 AM in response to brianfromnewbury park

As you imply, some applications are not completely removed by simply dragging it to the Trash and then emptying it. Some vendors provide an uninstall app on their web sites which can completely remove the app. Another easy to use alternative is to download and use the AppCleaner app. It is safe and effectively removes everything when used properly. I have used it for years.

Apr 23, 2024 2:11 PM in response to brianfromnewbury park

Open Terminal, go to Applications → Utilities → Terminal. Type sudo uninstall file:// in the command line. Next, go to the Applications folder in Finder and drag the icon of the application you want to uninstall to the Terminal window, it will automatically paste itself. Press Enter and type your user password to remove the application, and its remaining files, from your Mac.

uninstall zoom and all associated files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.