Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

SAFARI ISSUE ON NEW (April 2024) MACBOOK AIR

As the title says, it's a brand new Macbook Air. Safari works on the principal user account, but mostly not on either of the other two users (it gets Google, but not much else). Firefox works on all three users. I have changed the default browser on those two users to Firefox. However, on one of them, I wish to use Internet Accounts in Settings to add other email than just the iCloud email and it seems determined to use Safari, even though that is not the default browser. I have work-arounds, but confess to being unimpressed. What can be done to make Safari act like an adult?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 3:59 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 24, 2024 2:23 AM in response to mhpowell

Try and boot the Mac in the safe mode to see if you can use safari from the safe mode. If the issues are gone in the safe mode, you want to evaluate the external software/safari extensions installed on to your Mac

Start up your Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.
  4. Select a volume.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.
  6. The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

SAFARI ISSUE ON NEW (April 2024) MACBOOK AIR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.