Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I turn off sound notifications in DND in the updated iOS for iPhone?

Previously, DND has been set for specific modes to silence everything. However, for some calls and texts, they are coming through. The apps are not set to be allowed. It appears that in the latest update, that there is a bug. Please advise.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:09 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2024 9:36 PM in response to JoshuaCM

JoshuaCM Said:

"How do I turn off sound notifications in DND in the updated iOS for iPhone?: Previously, DND has been set for specific modes to silence everything. However, for some calls and texts, they are coming through. The apps are not set to be allowed. It appears that in the latest update, that there is a bug. Please advise."

-------

Use Focus for this...

Go here: Turn off Do Not Disturb - Apple Support

Provided Links on that Site:

Apr 24, 2024 11:39 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks. Yet I am wondering why that I received some of the audible notifications with iOS 17.4.1 when DND and another mode say "none allowed."

Most calls and texts do not go through. But for instance, if it is in those modes, if i text somebody, and they respond, I will receive the sound notification. Then the day that I posted this, it appeared that a person called me twice, and the second time it went through. I don't understand that. Possibly recently, a group text may have went through in silent mode, but I am not sure.

How do I turn off sound notifications in DND in the updated iOS for iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.