Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Why does my Live photo audio override my Music

My phone seems to change its audio priority from music or a recorded book the photo app when a live photo comes up with the loop or bounce setting on. The original audio source need to be re-initiated then the photo motion stops. This annoying feature stops happening sometime and remains off for days or a week and then for some reason it starts happening again. I cannot be the only person that has noticed this. Why does my Live photo audio override my music sometimes and then stop doing it later. This will stop happening for days and then for some reason it comes back on.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 11:17 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2024 2:47 AM in response to 1Geobob

You may try some of these steps, please check after each step...

1. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings: Only network settings are removed.
    1. When you reset network settings, previously used networks and VPN settings that weren’t installed by a configuration profile or mobile device management (MDM) are removed. Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you’re on. The Wi-Fi and Ask to Join Networks settings remain turned on.
    2. To remove VPN settings installed by a configuration profile, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the configuration profile, then tap Remove Profile. This also removes other settings and accounts provided by the profile. See Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone in this guide.
    3. To remove network settings installed by MDM, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the management, then tap Remove Management. This also removes other settings and certificates provided by MDM. See “Mobile device management (MDM)” in the iOS Deployment Reference.
    4. Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
  3. If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone. This will not erase your data but will reset all personalized settings to their default values. Go to Settings > General > Transfer & Reset > Reset > Reset All Settings and confirm the action. Note that you will need to reconfigure your settings afterward. All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.
    1. Reset All Settings: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support:- Return iPhone settings to their defaults
    2. You can return settings to their defaults without erasing your content.
    3. If you want to save your settings, back up your iPhone before returning them to their defaults. For example, if you’re trying to solve a problem but returning settings to their defaults doesn’t help, you might want to restore your previous settings from a backup.
  4. Make sure you have the latest updates installed.
    1. Update Over-the-Air (OTA) —> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IN)
    2. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Apr 27, 2024 7:13 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the help. I am capable of doing a lot for my self but I have to tell you that when I see suggestions like this I see so many places where I will be prompted to enter information after resetting something that I will end up worse off than when I started. Not knowing what the problem is and weather or not any of this would fix it makes this way to risky to try. The suggestion below could be the issue. Sometimes I do put my phone on silent and then forget to turn it back on. I will try that first. Getting to an apple store is a good suggestion unfortunately there is not one close by. I tried turning off the ringer thinking that was silent mode and that did not change anything. Maybe that is not what silent mode is. I looked it up and apparently "silent mode" is just turning the volume down. What ever the case is. Priority audio is the issue. sometimes the photo app takes priority over what ever else is playing and sometimes it does not. Are these priorities something that I can change. They do change, I just don't know how it is happening. Resetting the phones software seems like guess that one makes when we don't know what is causing the problem and just hopping this will fix it.

Why does my Live photo audio override my Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.