Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Apple ID password update harassment

I was bombarded with multiple notices this evening on my iPhone, iPad, watch, and Apple TV to update my Apple ID password. Why? I have no idea. So I went to my Apple account and updated my password. Although I can now use my iPad, watch and Apple TV undisturbed, my iPhone 14 Pro's screen is unreadable--very blurry and the phone cannot be unlocked or turned off. What's happened? Very bizarre.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 8:37 PM

Try a forced restart of the iPhone. First take off any case. Then:

Press and very quickly release the volume up button. > Immediately press and very quickly release by the volume down button > Immediately press and hold down the side button and keep holding the side button until the Apple logo appears, release the side button. If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2024 8:37 PM in response to degas1900

Try a forced restart of the iPhone. First take off any case. Then:

Press and very quickly release the volume up button. > Immediately press and very quickly release by the volume down button > Immediately press and hold down the side button and keep holding the side button until the Apple logo appears, release the side button. If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2024 8:11 AM in response to degas1900

I’m that senior member. We were streaming a series (3 Body Problem on Netflix) when it paused, and a dialog appeared on the TV saying I had to verify my identity using another device. I opened my iPhone and got a message saying I could not use my Apple ID until I changed my password. So I went through that process, verifying my identity using multiple 2 factor authentication options. I then had to enter the new password on Apple TV, iPad, Mac, FaceTime, iMessage and Apple watch. And now I keep getting notifications that my password was changed and that my various devices are logged on. A hassle, but everything is working now. I did not have a problem with my screen response, however.

Apple ID password update harassment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.