lost my ipod. how do I get the songs back from itunes?

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 8:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 12:51 AM in response to sam_hms

It depends on where you obtained the songs from originally and where you intend to put them now. If you are a Windows PC user and:

• they were in your iTunes library on your computer, then they will still be there
    • they were on your computer but no longer in your iTunes library (which seems unlikely), use those copies
    • you used the iPod to buy all the songs directly from the iTunes Store, then you can sign into the store from iTunes on your computer (or replacement for the iPod) and download them from your account page
    • any of your music was purchased from other online stores, go to your account with that store and download the songs again
    • any of the songs were copied from CDs, then copy them again

• If you use a Mac, with OS Catalina or later, there is no iTunes. Instead, use the appropriate apps on the Mac (such as Finder)
  • If you are a Windows user, but have switched to the newer apps that replace iTunes, use them to recover your music as mentioned above.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.