Is there a way to restore Apple TV without a sub port via iTunes?

Since trying to update, my Apple TV puts nothing on screen, light blinks rapidly. It is imposible restore via iTunes since it does not have a sub port. Trying to restart with remote buttons causes nothing to the light as it continues blinking rapidly. Is there a fix? Or did Apple just Bricked my 3 Apple TVs in my home?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 10:11 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 12:54 AM in response to VEHH

If you see a continuously flashing status light, that indicates a failure to start up properly. As you may have already done, first try a cold restart (disconnect from power for a minute or two). If that doesn’t improve it, then the system software may need to be re-installed externally. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do this themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you see a […] flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

Apr 28, 2024 6:34 PM in response to VEHH

I can’t confirm what version my Apple TVs were on, but I was just about to sit down for movie night with my family and my family room Apple TV (which is the 4K v2, and only 3 months old) would not stream anything. Restarted it and it showed a Bluetooth recovery image on the tv. Tried to do the recovery and it never came back up. Brought out my older 4K v1 Apple TV from my master bedroom and it wouldn’t boot up either. Just a constant blink. What’s the deal!? Looks like we’ve got a big support issue coming up, Apple!

Is there a way to restore Apple TV without a sub port via iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.