Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apply Pay sending emails to work email address

I already spoke with Casey from support - all he could give me was scripted answers that made no sense. He says it’s not an Apple Pay issue, but a vendor issue. So all the different vendors have my work email address? Nope not possible. He claims Apple Pay doesn’t supply personal information. They must, how else does my billing and shipping address get auto-populated from a vendor I’ve never used?

We (Casey and I through shared screen) verified Wallet & Apple Pay have the right email address. I tried logging into the vendor site and do not have an account, all I did was pay through Apple Pay. I also told Casey that this just started happening with the iPhone 15 pro max, which I got late March 2024. This never happened with my iPhone 11 pro max. He didn’t seem to care and just kept pushing the script. I asked if there was a higher level support, he said he was it. That doesn’t bode well for Apple if he’s the best they’ve got.

Has anyone encountered this issue or know how to reach a knowledgeable technical person who actually understands the software aspect?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 8:45 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2024 7:48 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I have an iPad that has no wallet/payment information or set defaults and I do not have my work email address in Contacts. I did let support know that I had a work phone that I returned in 2015 but he wasn’t listening to anything I was saying.

What I ended up doing is I logged in to appleid.apple.com using my work email as the appleid, did the Forgot Password, got in to the account to see what was in there. As identifiers it had my name and date of birth. No other settings were filled. I changed the appleid, name and DOB to my daughter’s, and saved it. I made another purchase on the same vendor site and my personal email was used for the confirmation receipt.

For the first purchase, Apple Pay did use the correct mailing address, which was not set on my work email profile. Really not sure why/how it used my work email, but the correct mailing address. Hokey but the issue is resolved for me. Luckily I have access to work email still. I’d hate to think how I could resolve this if I didn’t work there anymore, i.e., I wouldn’t be able to use the Forgot Password function.

Apply Pay sending emails to work email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.