Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Shortcuts/Apple Health - Log Swimming Workout through Shortcuts shows as Total Walking + Running Distance instead of Swimming Distance

I was trying to add a bulk of swimming data from a third party app (HUAWEI Health) into Apple Health (compatible in every other way except for swimming for some reason...). So I tried to do it using shortcuts (with which I am somewhat adept) and using the action "Log (Swimming) Workout". I added a simple text with a line of data for testing, and it worked, the data were added.

When I checked the "Swimming Distance" in Apple Health though, nothing was added so I checked the data passed again and I saw that it says "Total Walking + Running Distance" to the distance I had swam. I manually added the next data line through the Apple Health workout section, and that shows "Swimming Distance" instead just fine and shows up perfectly in the respective section, "Swimming Distance".

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:57 AM

2 replies

Shortcuts/Apple Health - Log Swimming Workout through Shortcuts shows as Total Walking + Running Distance instead of Swimming Distance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.